Formerly the Peer One Project (POP), Spring Hill College’s Peer Action Team (PAT) will be hosting monthly awareness events during the 2016-17 academic year. If you are interested in joining the Peer Action Team (PAT), send an email to Alexis Mogil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer One Project Action Team (PAT)
For more information about events, visit the Facebook Page
- Peer Action Team Club
- President: Alexis Mogil
Survivors of Suicide Support Group (TBA first weeks of fall semester) Facilitated by Lifelines Counseling (http://www.lifelinesmobile.org/)
In 2015-16, SHC Peer Action Team:
Hosted a Poetry Slam
Organized a clothes swap and donation in collaboration with the Clothesline Project
Promoted events hosted by the SHC Sexual Assault Response Team: Whoa Bro and the Bystander Sleepover
Participated in The Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk.
Collaborated with SHC PSI CHI to host a finals week de-stressor event, Sexual Assault Prevention and Dialogue, and the All Love Matters Campaign
Collaborated with SHC PSI CHI and the PSY385 Social Psychology of Social Justice class to raise awareness about world hunger. That evening, several students sorted and packed 2,045 pounds of food at the Bay Area Food Bank, which will provide 1,573 meals to our neighbors in need. They also donated enough food and cash to provide an additional 252 meals.
- Chelsea Greer
Tiffany Thomas, Jane Carriere, and Karrie Quirin
Safe Spaces Training, March 19, 2015 at 8pm in the SHC Student Center, LeBlanc C. Co-sponsored by SHC Alliance.
SHC Sexual Assault Awareness Team (SART) Awareness and Advocacy Event, October 15, 2014 at 6:30pm in Gautrelet. Faciltated by Dr. Josh Wimberly and Laury Rowland.
Embody Love Movement Event, November 12, 2014 at 7pm in Gautrelet. National Facilitator, Alexandra Moorehead.
Congratulations to the Peer One Project Action Team and Psychology Club for receiving the 2013-2014 Outstanding Campus Program for the Monthly Education Roundtables
- During the day, we hosted a table in the cafeteria with informational materials. That evening we held a training, informational meeting, guest speaker, or event.
- April 15, 2014 from 7-8pm in the Gautrelet Room, Healthy Relationships
- March 11, 2014 from 7-8pm in the Gautrelet Room. To Write Love on Her Arms http://twloha.com/
- February 11, 2014 from 7-8pm in the Gautrelet Room. Safe Spaces Training- co-sponsored by P.R.I.D.E. The training was followed by a student panel from P.R.I.D.E. http://safespace.glsen.org/
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013: Suicide Awareness Training with Chalisse Peltier of Lifelines Counseling at 7pm in the Gautrelet Room.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013: Sexual Assault Awareness. Informational event with Chalisse Peltier of Lifelines Counseling at 7pm in QH301.
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013: Bullying Awareness and Prevention. Informational event with Chalisse Peltier of Lifelines Counseling at 7pm in the Gautrelet Room.
- We plan to offer Peer One Project one-on-one mentoring sessions again during the 2015-16 academic year.
Congratulations to the Peer One Project Founders and Program Development Team- The Peer One Project received the 2012-2013 Outstanding New Student Organization Award
Peer One Project Founders
From left to right, Sally Reese, Lynda Olen, Caroline Wilson, Jamie Franco-Zamudio, and Ashley Derenbecker.
Peer One Project Development Team
- Shermonica Bell, Brittany L. Boudreaux, Missy Butts, Sarah Carter, Rachel Cedeck , Ashley Derenbecker, Melissa Fraley, Jamie Franco-Zamudio, Benjamin Franklin, Jasmine Henderson, Ramona Hill, Karen LeBlanc, Kelly Lucash, Kate McDuff, Lynda Olen, Bobby Oliva, Michael Pham, Jamie Reese, Sally Reese, Matthew Roberts, Joe Rowe, Shalonda Spencer, Lawrence Trunk, Dodie Ward, and Caroline C. Wilson.
- Logo design courtesy of Jessie Sumpter. Logo development courtesy of Wyatt Esteves and Sally Reese.