2016-2017 PSI CHI OFFICERS
President: Natalie Abraham
Vice-President: Chyanna Robinson
Treasurer: Will Santiago
Secretary: Barry Murray
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
In pursuit of our mission we will:
- Advance the science and profession of psychology.
- Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission.
- Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders.
- Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission.
- Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology.
Six Goals of All Chapters
1. Provide recognition of academic achievement
2. Encourage excellence
3. Advance the science of psychology
4. Provide a sense of community
5. Develop a forum to obtain and exchange information about psychology
6. Serve the local community
Requirements for Membership
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
- have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses
- have earned a cumulative GPA that is in the top 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, or senior) compared to their classmates across the entire university or the college that houses psychology (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
Paige Guillory (Recipient of the 2015-16 Psyche Chapter Award)
Mary Hutti (Past Social Media Chair)
Maggie Mastrogiavanni (Past Historian)
Meg Maurin (Past Events Chair)
Carol "Dee Dee" Newsome (Past Secretary)
Lifetime Members (Graduated)
Kirsten Bordis (Past Secretary)
Tempey Hamilton (Past President)
Amy Lyons (Past Treasurer)
Emily Yokubaitis (Past Secretary)
Victoria Bridges (Past Vice-President)
Kristen DeAngelo (Past Treasurer)
Alexandra Moorehead (Past Treasurer; Recipient of the 2105-16 Cheires Chapter Award)
Hannah Yarbrough (Past President)
Amber Bowie (Past Vice-President)
Emily Wellmeier (Past President; Recipient of the 2015-16 Leadership Chapter Award)
Susanna Whitman (Past Treasurer)
Melvin Lang (Past Secretary; Recipient of the 2015-16 Service Chapter Award)
Karrie Quirin (Recipient of the 2014-2015 International GEICO/Psi Chi Undergraduate Scholarship; Recipient of the 2015-16 Mentor Chapter Award)
Emily Thrush (Recipient of the 2015-16 Psyche Chapter Award)
Advisor: Dr. Amanda ElBassiouny
Co-Advisor: Dr. Jamie Franco-Zamudio
For more information visit, http://www.psichi.org/