Theology & Ministry Courses
As part of its mission and commitment to serve as an educational resource for the Catholic community as well as the wider Christian community of the southeast, Spring Hill College offers a blended program with a minimum of classroom experiences at two sites: Mobile, AL and Atlanta, GA.
Level 1 (L1) courses are taught online and require students to attend one (1) in-classroom meeting at either the Mobile or the Atlanta campus. Level 2 (L2) courses are taught fully online. Graduate Seminars are one (1) credit, weekend courses offered in both Mobile and Atlanta.
Spring 2019: February 11-April 21
- Fisher, David. Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- Kelsay, John. Arguing the Just War in Islam.
- Musto, Ronald G. The Catholic Peace Tradition.
- Philpott, Daniel. Just and Unjust Peace: An Ethic of Political Reconciliation.
- Brown, Raymond. An Introduction to the Gospel of John. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2003. ISBN: 0300140150.
Schneiders, Sandra. Written that You May Believe. Revised Ed. New York: Crossroad, 2003. ISBN: 0-8245-1926-4.
- O’Malley, John W. What Happened at Vatican II. ISBN: 978-067-4047495.
Summer 2019: May 13-August 11
Dr. Matthew Bagot
(See the Summer Institute of Christian Spirituality page for more information.)
Fall 2019: August 26-November 25
(Class Meetings: Oct 26 – Mobile; Nov 2 – Atlanta)
THL520 Theological Research Methods (Required Core Course)
Dr. John Switzer
THL533 (333) The Pauline Letters and Theology (L2) (B)
Dr. Timothy Carmody
Spring 2020: January 13-April 20
THL510 Introduction to Practical Theology (L1) (P)
THL521 (441) Eucharist (L2) (P/S/H)
Dr. Stephen Wilson
THL554 (350) Catholic Social Thought (L2) (M)
Dr. Matthew Bagot
(3 credit course offered in the Summer Institute of Christian Spirituality.)
THL=Theology Course; SPT=Spirituality Course
B=Biblical Theology; H=Historical Theology; S=Systematic Theology; M=Moral Theology; P=Pastoral Theology
Course numbers in parentheses are undergraduate numbers for the CTS program.