Effective 2015, Spring Hill College uses the Career Beam portal for internship postings, student job seekers' resume postings, and other career development activities for students.
It's not hard to use at all.
- First time users will need to REGISTER as a new user. It'll ask you to set up a brief profile including ZIP code, so it's searchable. Keep your username and password handy for subsequent logins.
- Click on post jobs or internships
- Include "intern" in job title
- DATE is important. Employers have control over when the position is visible or not. Once the position is entered, it doesn't need to be re-entered, simply adjust the visibitliy by adjusting the expiration date.
- You'll need to have a DESCRIPTION of the position, RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS as well as the CONTACT information and instructions how to apply.
- Be sure to specify what you're expecting - ex. cover letter, resume, portfolio or writing samples.
- It's a good idea to put your agency website URL somewhere in the post.
- Indicate compensation: unpaid; course credit recommended; committed volunteer considered.