Spring Hill College offers a concentration in Health Care Management, and a minor in Health Care Management (HCM). The HCM concentration is designed to prepare students for various careers in the health care industry, which is one of the most significant industries in the US economy. Employment opportunities include positions with hospitals; public health programs; pharmaceutical companies; medical laboratories; nursing facilities; surgical facilities; and health education and training companies. The concentration will also prepare students to enter graduate or professional school (MBA, MPH, MHCM).
Undergraduates in the HCM concentration become better prepared to join the healthcare industry. In addition to the College core requirements required of all SHC graduates, students in HCM will complete the lower-division and upper-division core body of knowledge requirements for the BS in Business Administration, then move on to complete the 18 hour concentration in HCM. This concentration builds on business foundational courses to provide the student with a tighter focus of management in the health care setting.
- CIS 115 - Applications in CIS (3)
- ECO 102 - Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- ACC 201 - Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 202 - Principles of Accouting II
- HCM 301 - Foundations of Health Care Management (3)
- HCM 311 - Health Care Legal and Regulatory Environment (3)
- HCM 450 - The Business of Health Care: Strategy and Management or
- HCM 495 - Special Topics in Health Care Management (3)
- Choose one of the following:
- PHL 313 - Business Ethics
- PHL 311 - Bioethics